MEC Energy Introduction
MEC Energy machine shop is equipped with a wide range of the latest model equipment including lathes, boring mills and drilling machines.
MEC Energy has established the Quality Management System based upon the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, API Spec Q1 9th Edition, 7-1, 6A & 16A.
Our manufacturing scope includes:
- Blind & Test Flanges, Tees & Crosses, Adapter Spools and Spacer Spools at PSL 1, PSL 2, PSL 3 under API 6A.
- Drill Stem Subs / X-Overs & Threading of Rotary Shouldered Connections under API 7-1.
- Adapters under API 16A
Under API Q1, the scope includes Repair and Refurbishment of:
- Wellhead and Christmas Tree Equipment.
- Gate Valves, Single and Multiple Valves, Actuated Valves, Check Valves and Chokes.
- Annular and RAM BOPs.
- Drill-Through Equipment.
Under the above scope, MEC Energy has been successfully providing repair & certification of the tools & equipment used in present drilling operations.
- All operations of thread making is performed on 12” & 15” Hollow Spindle Oilfield CNC Lathes, equipped with thread making & repair software & programs, to provide accurate & efficient operation.
- Use of Premium Gages & Tools to ensure & conform to international standards.
- Use of MRP Gages with 24” MICTRAC Unit to cover the range of Casings.
- Tubular Goods Threading, Re-Threading & Allied Workshop Services.
- Rotary Shoulder Connections IF, REG, EUE, BTC, 8RD & 10 RD etc. are in current scope & premium threads are in our expansion program.
- Repair, Manufacturing & supply of Cross Over, Subs etc.
- Repair of Hard Facing & Tungsten Carbide Facing.
- Grinding of Stabilizers & other tool assemblies.
- Manganese base Phosphating for protection of connections & other products.
- Tubular Inspection. (In-house)
- Breakout Unit for making & breaking of joints.
- Plasma coating Sulzer Metco 9MC (Full Range)
- Arc Spray Coating Machine Sulzer Metco (Full Range)
- GTAW Welding Equipment
- TIG Welding Equipment
- Electric Arc Welding Equipment
- Vertical Lathe Machine (3.2 meter swing with 1.8 meter height)
- Fully programmed Electric Vacuum Furnace
- Sand / Grit Blasting Bay
- Fully Equipped Metallurgical Lab
- Hydrostatic Pressure Testing Unit of 20K PSI
- Chart Recorder with on screen display & recording
- Hydraulic Unit for function test up to 3Kpsi
- Testing pit 12Ft deep, to cater full range of BOPs
- 42 Ft long for BHA & other assemblies testing
- Equipped with 17 ton overhead crane
- Collection of Test & Blind Plates.
MEC Energy Workshop is willing to undertake any challenge beyond above described scope to provide customer satisfaction.